Tuesday, March 8, 2011

To the gym you say?!

So, I've been doing really good getting up and exercising this past week.  I've walked at least two miles(one there and one back).  And Yesterday I WENT TO THE GYM!!!  I have not been to the gym since the great costacontritis( I know I totally spelled that wrong sound it out people! It's basically inflammation of the ribs) epidemic.  For those of you who know, I was down for the count. I couldn't do anything.  And when I say I couldn't do anything my poor sister had to fasten my bra for me because I couldn't do it.  (Thanks again for that Kila) Imagine, if you will not being able to breathe.  I couldn't do that without being in immense pain.   So thus a fear began.  I never, ever wanted to experience that again so I stopped going to the gym, and exercising  all together.  Besides the fact that I was down and out for almost a month!  I thought I just had Gas!  I went a whole week thinking I had heartburn and one good burp or fart (lets be honest we all feel that way once in a while) would make me feel better.  Which I did end up having heartburn (the GURD) along with inflamed ribs!  How lucky was I?!!  So can you blame me for swearing off exercise?

Well, yesterday I jumped back on the horse.  I went back to the gym and it didn't kill me.  At least not yet, Hey it took almost 5 months for COSTA( I've shortened it) to form.  So, for now, I'll try to make it to the gym at least once a week and take it slow.  For the rest of the excerise I'll just continue to walk.

In case your wondering where the weight stats are, I've decided that I'm not going to weigh myself.  It's nerve racking and depressing when you step on the scale and you don't see any results.  I'm feeling better and I know it's a process so NO SCALES!!! 

As always....Thanks for following....

2 comments:

  1. Walking is the best exercise. Wish we could walk together and chat in the evening! had a nice salad with grilled chicken, arugula, grape tomatoes, portabella muchrooms, orange bell pepper and fresh cranberry vinegrette that I made... it also had pine nuts, pistachio and walnuts - yumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU Go Girl with going to the gym! I am so bad, I have not seen the inside of a gym in longer than I care to admit! Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete