Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Living the Green Life

Well that titile is a little misleading.  I'm on day five-ish of the 30 Day Challenge.  Why 5ish?  Well the rest of the people are on day 8.  I went on vacation and missed three days.  But I am still doing my part!  I have my kale and spinach  all bagged in little quart bags and they are resting in the freezer.  Since I can freeze the greens it makes it easier to have them on hand.  I have to say the smoothies are not bad at all.  They actually taste like the fruit I add to the mix.  It's just the color that throws most off.  Can I tell you that some of the recipes call for this Almond butter. Do you know what that is?  Do you know how EXPENSIVE it is in the freaking store?  I gotta tell you I haven't bought any.  I just can't justify spending almost $8-12 dollars on a jar of Almond Butter.  Sheesh.  So I haven't had any smoothies that call for it.  I wonder what a good substitute would be. I think if I continue on this path I'm gonna have to shell out some money for one of those Ninja things.  My blender is okay but it doesn't blend the pineapple up very well and I end up with pineapple string in my mouth, which makes me go ick.
So I'm in prep for the Daniel Fast that is starting on Sunday.  I'm excited to start my year off fasting.  I know I won't be doing it alone since my church is doing it.  But closer to home my Mom does it every year with me and has for the last 3 years.   So I've got my next challenge all set.  This Challenge thing is turning out to be a really good idea.  Although I admit it's still early in the year.  So if you see me around town feel free to ask me how Getting Rid of the Fat Girl is Going. (GROTFG). And please know that when I give you the look like I'm shooting you the bird with my finger know it's because I am either A) failing so bad that I hate that you ask. B) Doing so good that I'm so hungry (and skinny) that your head looks like a cupcake and I want to eat it or 3) What the heck are you talking about the Fat girl ate the skinny girl as she was trying to escape now pass the bread.
Thanks for the support and it's now smoothie making time.


No comments:

Post a Comment